Thursday, August 22, 2013

OLD MALI AND THE BOY (CHAPTER 01) part 02

I am Punished For Stealing


When i went into the classroom the next morning i was told to go to the headmaster's office :o.. When I entered the headmaster's office, he was sitting at his desk looking very angry. I knew immediately that I was in trouble.
Where were you yesterday after school? :/ The headmaster Asked in an angry voice.
I was playing in the fields with Jerry and Davy, I replied.

Did you steal any cobs of maize?? the headmaster asked. ''YES'' I replied.'we took some cobs of maize and cooked them and ate them.:(
'Didn't you know that you were stealing?' asked the headmaster, becoming even angrier.
I did not know what to say.
'You must be punished-you and Jerry and Davy.' said the headmaster. 'You will be punished this afternoon at two o' clock in the upstairs dormitory*.
At two o'clock I went Upstairs with Davy and Jerry. We were shaking with fear. But I did not want to show that I was afraid. B)
The headmaster stood beside a bed holding a hard looking cane in his right hand :o .
'You first,' he said, pointing to Jerry. 'Bend down and put your hands on the bed'.
Jerry bent down over the bed and the headmaster hit him fiercely on his bottom with the cane.
The headmaster beat him thirteen times........

to be cont...........

*dormitory--------> a large bedroom for the students who live at the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment